[Users] ovirt cli - starting vm with special options

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 07:10:47 UTC 2012

Hi Alex,

Your syntax is incorrect,

1. /action syntax is:

2.  to see detailed help for this action do:
   'help action vm vm2 start' or 'help action'

3. in your case /action syntax should be:
   'action vm vm2 start ...'

4. also --host-identifier option is not available in this action,
   please use auto-completion or /help to see available options,
   for more details, see [1]

[1] http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/CLI

On 11/06/2012 12:46 AM, Alex Leonhardt wrote:
> hi,
>
> to make it easier for me to play with VMs, I thought of using the ovirt cli to start a VM whenever I want to rebuild it, however, the CLI command below keeps failing - any
> pointers ?
>
> action vm start --vm-os-kernel /var/www/html/repo/centos/6/os/x86_64/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz --vm-os-initRd /var/www/html/repo/centos/6/os/x86_64/images/pxeboot/initrd.img
> --vm-os-boot "ks=http://172.30.0.1/ks/dev/solrm01-dev.ks ksdevice=eth0 ip=172.30.0.249 netmask=255.255.255.0" --host-identifier vm2
>

> alex

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D