[Users] How to start VM without ovirt

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 12:43:10 UTC 2012

On 11/06/2012 08:54 PM, EricD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im really concern about the ovirt-engine.
> I do db & config files backup but is there a way to stop|start VM with
> virsh directly in the hypervisors via CLI if the ovirt-engine ain't
> working, crashed, .... ?
>
> I tried with `*virsh start <VM>`* with the '*vdsm at rhevh*' account but
> didn't work. Seems like this user as restricted privileges.
You can use for example vdsCli (package vdsm-cli) for this.
vdsCli [-s] 0 destroy vmid
vdsCli [-s] 0 list gives you the list of running vms on the node.

Note: 0 stands for the current host you're on. You also can do this
remotely if you replace 0 with the IP of the node/host.

> Regards,

Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra
Senior Software Engineer