[Users] Ovirt-nightly and gluster volume problem

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 8 14:55:52 UTC 2012

Continuing my quest for a system consisting of oVirt en gluster I came
across the following.
I'm using the latest nightlies and had tried something with gluster but
it didn't work out. So I tried starting over en did a stop on my gluster
volumes, that went OK, removed them, that went OK too.
Then I tried to create a nieuw Volume using the same name and same
location and got an unexpected exception. Look at the folder which had
contained the data I still see a .glusterfs folder but all other data is
gone. Ok.
Googling I found that the following two commands should give me the
ability to reuse that folder for glusterfs.
setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.volume-id /gluster-data
setfattr -x trusted.gfid /gluster-data
Tried again from the webui and the volume was created and I could start it.
Stopped it, removed it and tried to recreate, same error. See the
attached logs.

Joop