[Users] Ovirt 3.1 and Samba4 AD

Alejandro aescanero at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 13:53:24 UTC 2012

I'm triing to use Samba4rc5 like autenticator for Ovirt 3.1.0-3.26

First problem is Ovirt is user usernameprincipal  (login at domain in place of
login) to autenticate with Samba4, But samba4 don't use it.

I use
engine-manage-domains -action=add -domain=DOMAINFQDN -user=LOGIN
-provider=ActiveDirectory -interactive -addPermissions
And the result is:

No user in Directory was found for LOGIN at DOMAINFQDN. Trying next LDAP
server in list
Failure while testing domain DOMAINFQDN. Details: No user information was
found for user

And the Samba4 give me:
filter=(&(sAMAccountType=805306368)(userPrincipalName=LOGIN at DOMAINFQDN))

But no userPrincipalName is configured in any user.

Actual Solution: I add a userPrincipalName LOGIN at DOMAINFQDN in the LOGIN
account (using a ldap tool) and add the ovirt machine to the domain.

After restart the ovirt engine I go to the UserPortal.

I find now other problem, the user isn't search by the Common Name (cn), a
example of search
filter=(&(sAMAccountType=805306368)(|(givenname=TESTLOGIN)(sn=TESTLOGIN)(samaccountname=TESTLOGIN)(userPrincipalName=TESTLOGIN)))

must be
filter=(&(sAMAccountType=805306368)(|(givenname=TESTLOGIN)(cn=TESTLOGIN)(sn=TESTLOGIN)(samaccountname=TESTLOGIN)(userPrincipalName=TESTLOGIN)))

Thanks for all

--
Alejandro Escanero Blanco
Consultor de sistemas basados en fuentes abiertas
Jabber: blainett at jabberes.com