[Users] Ovirt Node :: Nested virtualization

Pavia Daniele dan.pavia at eng.it
Wed Nov 21 12:09:04 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,
I'm trying to enable nested virtualization on a physical ovirt node v2.5.5. What I want is to run L1 ovirt guest vms that expose intel's vmx feature. I've enabled nested virtualization via kvm-intel nested=1 on my physical node, yet, when I create and run a guest vm on that node, there's no vmx extension/feature on the virtualized cpu. I've also fiddled a bit with the vdc_options table, ServerCPUList option, to no avail. I just need to tell ovirt to add the vmx extension to the virtualized cpu features when it creates a guest, is there a way to do this?

In libvirt terms:

 <cpu match='exact'>
      <model>Penryn</model>
      <vendor>Intel</vendor>