[Users] missing dirs, other problems with latest nightly

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 21:26:09 UTC 2012

On 11/21/2012 09:37 PM, Cristian Falcas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a fresh install, those folders are missing:
>
> /var/lib/ovirt-engine/content
> /var/lib/ovirt-engine/deployments

Yes Cristian, that is a problem we are aware of. We introduced that
error in a attempt to fix bug 876164. The fix will be merged soon:

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/9369

Meanwhile the workaround is to manually create those directories and
make sure they are owned by the ovirt user and the ovirt group:

mkdir -p /var/lib/ovirt-engine/content
chown ovirt:ovirt /var/lib/ovirt-engine/content
mkdir -p /var/lib/ovirt-engine/deployments
chown ovirt:ovirt /var/lib/ovirt-engine/deployments

The other error messages that you see are not relevant, I think you can
ignore them.

> After that the engine starts, but can't go to the https page of
> administrator or user portal. Relevant errors in log:
>
> 2012-11-21 22:29:52,448 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.engineencryptutils.EncryptionUtils] (MSC service
> thread 1-3) Failed to decrypt Data must start with zero
> 2012-11-21 22:29:52,576 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.generic.DBConfigUtils] (MSC service
> thread 1-3) Failed to decrypt value for property TruststorePass will be
> used encrypted value
> 2012-11-21 22:29:52,640 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.generic.DBConfigUtils] (MSC service
> thread 1-3) Could not parse option AutoRecoveryAllowedTypes value.
>
> Can someone help me with those errors? I tried using the
> ovirt-engine-setup from the last 3 days, but the result is the same each
> time.
>
> Other warnings:
>
> 2012-11-21 22:29:46,375 WARN
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.ConfigUtilsBase] (MSC service thread 1-3)
> Could not find enum value for option: CbcCheckOnVdsChange
> 2012-11-21 22:29:46,411 WARN
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.ConfigUtilsBase] (MSC service thread 1-3)
> Could not find enum value for option: CAEngineKey
> 2012-11-21 22:29:46,444 WARN
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.ConfigUtilsBase] (MSC service thread 1-3)
> Could not find enum value for option: MinimalETLVersion
> 2012-11-21 22:29:49,287 WARN
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.ConfigUtilsBase] (MSC service thread 1-3)
> Could not find enum value for option: ScriptsPath
> 2012-11-21 22:29:49,292 WARN
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.ConfigUtilsBase] (MSC service thread 1-3)
> Could not find enum value for option: SQLServerI18NPrefix
> 2012-11-21 22:29:52,650 WARN
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.ConfigUtilsBase] (MSC service thread 1-3)
> Could not find enum value for option: ENGINEEARLib
>
> Attached the engine-setup.log
>
> Best regards,
> Cristian falcas

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain