[Users] Recovering VMs when the engine is lost

Joern Ott joern.ott at ciao.leguide.com
Fri Nov 23 09:03:24 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I managed to re-install the server the oVirt engine was running on in my testlab. All the cpu and storages are still there and the VMs are still running without problems. Is there a way, I can attach the still existing nodes to the new oVirt engine and recover/import the VMs?

Alternatively, is there a way, I can import the VMs disks? I still know how the data center and clusters were set up and the specs for the VMs are also documented, so I'd like to re-attach the disks, which would save me some time compared to the re-installs.

Kind regards
Jörn