[Users] problems adding a domain

Cristian Falcas cristi.falcas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 23:53:56 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I had some problems with the beta version and I tried again the nightly
builds. i think that somewhere in the code the domain is not added
correctly. Trying to add a domain, I got this in the logs:

2012-11-30 01:38:33,962 DEBUG
[org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils]
ConfigurationUtils.locate(): base is null, name is
/etc/ovirt-engine/engine-manage-domains/engine-manage-domains.conf
2012-11-30 01:38:33,977 DEBUG
[org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils] Loading configuration
from the absolute path
/etc/ovirt-engine/engine-manage-domains/engine-manage-domains.conf
2012-11-30 01:38:37,523 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.dns.DnsSRVLocator] Error: could not find DNS
SRV record name: _ldap._tcp..
Exception message is: DNS name not found [response code 3]
Possible causes: missing DNS entries in the DNS server or DNS resolving
issues from engine-core machine.
Please Ensure correct DNS entries exist in the DNS server and ensure the
DNS server is reachable from the engine-core machine.
2012-11-30 01:38:37,523 DEBUG
[org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.ManageDomainsResult] Got null value.
2012-11-30 01:38:37,527 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.ManageDomains] Failed reading current
configuration. Details: Could not locate LDAP servers to be used to
validate the input of the utility

It looks like it's trying to get the info for " _ldap._tcp." instead of "
_ldap._tcp.domain"?

Best regards,
Cristian Falcas