[Users] Virtual Machine Provisiong

Ohad Levy ohadlevy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 04:38:27 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Marco Mornati <mornatim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm trying to integrate an automatic provisioning to my oVirt
> installation. Something like: API to create VM, NIC and Disk, tool to
> install SO (??).
>
> I'm actually working around aeolus (after a useless test with koan), but
> I'm not sure I can do what I want. I prefer not to use a PXE to get all
> things really automatic (something cloud style).
>
> Have you got any idea, suggestion and/or guide about it?

You might consider using foreman [1] which has a pretty good integration
with oVirt and can be used to:

Provision your  OS (redhat, debian, suse, solairs etc and their clones).
Manage things like DNS, DHCP etc
Configure your instances (using puppet)

You can have a look how it might look like (via foreman ui) at [2], its
libvirt based, but really is nearly the same for ovirt.
Its currently using PXE based solutions (but image/template based
alternatives would be available in the near future)

Ohad

[1] theforeman.org
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYsHZbCQzH8