[Users] Can't start a VM - sanlock permission denied

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 10:37:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 05:55 -0400, Federico Simoncelli wrote:
> [...]

Agreed, we shouldn't do this every time vdsm starts.  I posted a patch
to pull these 2 booleans into ovirt-node config.  When we start the
process of making an ovirt/vdsm plugin rpm, it should move into the new
plugin rather than in base ovirt-node.

> We set them when we install vdsm (not when the service starts) so they should
> be good to go in the iso. It might be a glitch during the vdsm package
> installation, it could be something like semanage taking the boolean from the
> host where the iso is built rather than the root where the package is installed.
>
> Do we have the iso build logs?

No, not at this point.  I'm still building ISOs and RPMs for ovirt-node
on my local machine and don't generally persist the build logs for long.
Eventually when we move to building only in Jenkins for official
releases, we'll have logs persisted long term.

Mike