[Users] Procedure to change engine host name

Neil nwilson123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:27:49 UTC 2012

Hi Juan,

Thank you very much for sending through these details, I'm finally
getting around to trying to regenerate my certs now, but I'm
encountering an issue with importing the old CA as per below...

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Juan Hernandez <jhernand at redhat.com> wrote:
> 5. Regenerate the keystore used by the engine, importing the old CA
> certificate and the new engine certificate:
>
> rm -f /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/.keystore
>
> keytool \
> -keystore /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/.keystore \
> -import \
> -alias cacert \
> -storepass mypass \
> -noprompt \
> -file /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem

[root at backup ovirt-engine]# rm -f /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/.keystore
[root at backup ovirt-engine]# keytool \
> -keystore /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/.keystore \
> -import \
> -alias cacert \
> -storepass mypass \
> -noprompt \
> -file /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Input not an X.509 certificate

My certificate was created on the early release of ovirt-engine 3.1 so
not sure if this is perhaps why?

Thanks.

Regards.

Neil Wilson.