[Users] kickstarting a vm via http

Alex Leonhardt alex.tuxx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 21:22:06 UTC 2012

FWIW and in case someone is interested, you can use the following kernel
parameters to kickstart from network (without pxe - i'd prefer that, but
it's not always an option) :

ks=http://X.X.X.X/ks/ks.cfg ksdevice=eth0 ip=X.X.X.X netmask=255.255.255.0

it'll require you however to have the kernel & initrd.img files - you
can get those from the distro cd / iso (even jus the network install)
and put them somewhere, doesnt matter - just reference those files in
the "kernel path" and "initrd path" and it'll work .. e.g.

kernel path [ /var/www/html/repo/centos/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz ]
initrd path [ /var/www/html/repo/centos/images/pxeboot/initrd.img ]

alex