[Users] what drivers are used

Cristian Falcas cristi.falcas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:09:00 UTC 2012

Can you help me understand how this works:
- if I set the console to vnc, windows found a video driver for a
cirrus logic card
- if I set the console to spice, it sees the qxl graphic adaptor

What is the point of using different drivers?

In case I connect only via rdp, does it matter how the console is set?
Which one is recommended?

Just to let others how to load the guest tools easily in the VM:
- download the exe file
- make an iso from the file:
  mkisofs -J -r -o spice-guest-tools.iso ./spice-guest-tools-0.1.exe
- give the proper attributes:
  chown vdsm:kvm spice-guest-tools.iso
- copy it to the iso folder
- assign the new iso to the VM