[Users] [Engine-devel] [help]how to get the CA certificate when uploader ISO

Sheldon shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Oct 30 11:13:11 UTC 2012

On 10/30/2012 06:08 PM, Keith Robertson wrote:
> On 10/30/2012 06:02 AM, Sheldon wrote:
>> error when I update a iso to iso domain by engine-iso-uploader
>> # engine-iso-uploader --iso-domain=ISO upload Fedora-17-x86_64-DVD.iso
>> Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt
>> Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
>> ERROR: [ERROR]::ca_file (CA certificate) must be specified for SSL
>> connection.
>> INFO: Use the -h option to see usage.
>>
>> but I manual engine-iso-uploader, there is no any information about
>> certificate.
>> # man engine-iso-uploader
>>
> The LC needs to be rebuilt.  The code in the GIT repo has the patch
> but it isn't in the official download spot.  In the meantime you can
> roll your own with [1].
>
> In the future, the tools need to become part of the nightly builds.
>

> [1]
> Step 1: git clone http://gerrit.ovirt.org/p/ovirt-iso-uploader.git
> Step 2: export APP_VERSION=3.0.0; export APP_RELEASE=1
> Step 3: cd ovirt-iso-uploader
> Step 4: make
> Step 5: Notice the ovirt-iso-uploader*.rpm location in the STDOUT
> Step 6: yum install /path/to/ovirt-iso-uploader*.rpm

still error, Maybe I should waiting for tools in the nightly builds.
$ sudo rpm -qa | grep iso-uploader
ovirt-iso-uploader-3.0.0-1.fc17.noarch

$ sudo engine-iso-uploader --iso-domain=ISO upload Fedora-17-x86_64-DVD.iso
Please provide the REST API username for oVirt Engine (CTRL+D to abort):
admin at internal
Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt Engine
user (CTRL+D to abort):
ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API.  Is the service available and
does the CA certificate exist?
ERROR: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
INFO: Use the -h option to see usage.

--
Sheldon Feng(冯少合)<shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center