[Users] How to remove storage domain

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 05:56:30 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Yeela Kaplan  wrote:
> Gianluca,
> You need to first put the domain to maintenance,
> then detach the storage domain from the data center,
> and then the 'remove' option will be available.
>
> --
> Yeela

I supposed that, but I didn't find in the gui the place where to put
the SD into maintenance....

following the guide for rhev 3.1 it should something like this, correct?

Procedure 7.12. Removing a Storage Domain
1. Use the Storage resource tab, tree mode, or the search function to
find and select the
appropriate storage domain in the results list.
2. Move the domain into maintenance mode to deactivate it.
3. Detach the domain from the data center.
4. Click Remove to open the Rem ove Storage confirmation window.
5. Select a host from the list.
6. Click OK to remove the storage domain and close the window.

Possibly I selected the wrong place in 1. because I don't remember to
have seen  a "maintenance" option there.
I'm going to re-check....
Or perhaps it was greyed out...

Gianluca