[Users] way to edit iSCSI storage domain?

Yuriy Demchenko demchenko.ya at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 07:14:19 UTC 2013

I guess you misunderstood me
I'm going to try this scheme:
                |STORAGE|
FC             /           \
     |SERV1/tgtd|    |SERV2/tgtd|
iSCSI       \              /
          |ethernet switches|
iSCSI            ||||||||
        |blades|blades|blades|

serv1/serv2 - connectivity isnt a problem, multipathed FC scheme, all
good. Same lun accessible for both servers and than exported via tgtd to
iSCSI: with different target names ("iqn.2013-03.serv1:store",
"iqn.2013-03.serv2:store"), but same vendor_id, product_id, scsi_sn,
scsi_id. That way client can login into both targets and see lun as
multipathed device.
And multipath failover scheme (via custom config with
path_grouping_policy=failover for corresponding vendor_id/product_id) is
on blades-clients - so they use only one target at time (no round-robin
or similar stuff), but with ability to switch to another target in case
one of serv1/serv2 is down.

However, in my case "serv2" would not be available during oVirt setup
(need to setup ovirt and virtual servers to move stuff first), so i cant
enter both targets on storage domain initialization - that's why I'm
asking if there's any way to edit storage domain details after
initialization without destroying it (maybe directly via sql or something).

Yuriy Demchenko