[Users] oVirt 3.2.1 - VM in unknown status

Piotr Szubiakowski piotr.szubiakowski at nask.pl
Tue Apr 16 11:46:16 UTC 2013

> Hi,
> I had a nfs storage problems and one of my VM's is now in unknown
> state. The VM is not attached to any host. The virsh tool shows that
> VM is not running now. Is there any way to bring that kind of VM back
> to life?
>
> Best regards,
> Piotr

Hi,
I found workaround for this situation. There is a possibility to change
the VM status manually in database:

update vm_dynamic set status=0 where
vm_guid='1d5342a3-9375-49c5-bf2a-2bd444d41d09';

@oVirt developers
It seems that in some situations, VM with'unknown' status has no chances
to change state. When all hosts in data center are up and the VM is not
attached to any host it's a dead end. In this particular situation oVirt
engine administrator can't perform any actions on "lost" VM. Is any way
to handle this case without database access?

Best regards,
Piotr