[Users] users quota and limit ips

Tim Hildred thildred at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 00:18:25 UTC 2013

Another approach would be to use logical networks and router software.

Logical network 1
- has vm running ddwrt (or openwrt, m0n0wall, etc) with 2 NICs. one of the router VM NICs is on your network, and the other one gives out IP addresses on a range you specify (say 192.168.13.X).
- VMs get IP addresses, DNS, and connectivity through router VM.

Logical network 2
- has vm running ddwrt (or openwrt, m0n0wall, etc) with 2 NICs. one of the router VM NICs is on your network, and the other one gives out IP addresses on a range you specify (say 192.168.15.X).
- VMs get IP addresses, DNS, and connectivity through router VM.

You can predefine which logical network your users virtual machine will be put on based on the template you give them access to.

This all requires some additional configuration (delegation) if you want the virtual machines to be routable from beyond the router they are behind.

Tim Hildred, RHCE
Content Author II - Engineering Content Services, Red Hat, Inc.
Brisbane, Australia
Email: thildred at redhat.com
Internal: 8588287
Mobile: +61 4 666 25242