[Users] virt-v2v import needs saslauth credentials

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 20:49:02 UTC 2013

I need to convert a vmdk to ovirt use. I have a qcow2 formatted image and
it's corresponding xml. I'm trying to run virt-v2v to put things into the
proper formats/places for ovirt but I need to use my proper credentials to
access the qemu:///system space.

Where/how do I do this? man pages have no suggestions on virt-v2v. I have a
user/passwd combo in saslauth that works for virsh.

virt-v2v -i libvirtxml -o libvirt -os export --vmtype server -n ovirtmgmt
/var/lib/exports/exports/5eb89069-b750-4d32-b7d3-432fd77202d1/images/test/test.xml
virt-v2v: Failed to connect to qemu:///system: libvirt error code: 45,
message: authentication failed: Failed to step SASL negotiation: -7
(SASL(-7): invalid parameter supplied: Unexpectedly missing a prompt result)

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain