[Users] virt-v2v import needs saslauth credentials

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 13 17:19:11 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 05:50:38PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> More importantly does virt-v2v use the virConnectOpenAuth() method
> which enables callbacks to be provided to prompt for auth ? If not,
> then it'll need to be updated to support authentication.

Yes it does:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/virt-v2v.git/tree/lib/Sys/VirtConvert/Connection/LibVirt.pm#n101

That code seems to answer the original question, although it doesn't
seem to be documented.  It looks as if the username comes from the
libvirt URI (ie. -oc option, I'm not sure exactly how it's encoded)
and the password comes from ~/.netrc (must be mode 0600).

Probably best to ask Matt about this one.

Rich.