[Users] oVirt API Code 500 with Foreman

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Wed Aug 14 06:35:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

Foreman guys say this is probably an oVirt side issue..

I was successfully able to hook up my foreman server to the oVirt
datacenter using the compute resources section. It detected the available
datacenters and logged in fine. Logs showed code 200, I can view the VMs
available, power them on and shut them down from the foreman UI.

But when I go to hosts->New Host and select oVirt I get the error:

Error loading virtual machine information: Internal Server Error

Logs are showing:

Operation FAILED: statementcallback; bad sql grammar select * from (select
* from vds groups view where ( vds group id in (select vds groups storage
domain.vds group id from  vds groups storage domain   left outer join
storage pool with storage domain on vds groups storage domain.storage pool
id=storage pool with storage domain.id    where  (  storage pool with
storage domain.name like '%dc_01%' or  storage pool with storage
domain.description like '%dc_01%' or  storage pool with storage
domain.comment like '%dc_01%' ) ))  order by name asc ) as t1 offset (1 -1)
limit 100; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.psqlexception: error:
column storage pool with storage domain.comment does not exist
  position: 421
  Rendered common/500.html.erb (5.2ms)
Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 150ms (Views: 6.0ms | ActiveRecord:
0.3ms)

CentOS 6.4 - Foreman 1.2
CentOS 6.4 - oVirt 3.3 Nightly

Any suggestions?