[Users] engine-setup fails on CentOS 6.4 because of postgresql

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Wed Aug 28 10:56:19 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

This is strange!

We use standard way to create the database:
fedora: /usr/bin/postgresql-setup
rhel/centos /etc/init.d/postgresql initdb

Both run:
        $SU -l postgres -c "$PGENGINE/initdb --pgdata='$PGDATA' --auth='ident'" >> "$PGLOG" 2>&1 < /dev/null

So we cannot provide parameters to this process...
And we cannot specify locale environment variables as it uses su.

Eli, is there any solution for this?