[Users] intallation problems

Peter Lerche peter at easyspeedy.com
Wed Dec 4 07:49:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been fighting for days with the all-in-one installation but came up with this solution after getting super help from oVirt team on this list.

Prep the OS Centos 6 64bit

make sure that it is permitted to login as root
# nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
set: PermitRootLogin yes

to verify the correct hostname run:
# hostname
if the hostname is wrong set it via:
# system-config-network

make sure that the /root/.ssh has the correct rights.
# chmod 700 /root/.ssh

check that the "locale" is set to handle UTF-8
# echo $LANG
if the output does not contain "UTF-8" in text string change the "locale" config (Java needs UTF-8 encoding)
# nano /etc/sysconfig/i18n
set: LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

Run reboot to make sure that it all work. (it is not enough to reload the network - I do not know why)
# reboot

Start installing oVirt

# yum localinstall -y http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
# yum localinstall –y http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/ovirt-release-el.noarch.rpm
# yum update -y
you need to clean the cache otherwise you will get an http 404 error for some libs.
# yum clean all

# yum install -y ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-allinone
# engine-setup

DONE.

--
Best regards

Peter Lerche

EasySpeedy ApS
377, Diplomvej
Scion-DTU Science Park
DK-2800, Kgs. Lyngby
Denmark
Phone: +45 4594 1401

http://EasySpeedy.com
European Quality Unmanaged Server Hosting
Permanent KVMoIP included in all dedicated servers
Network and Power Uptime - 99,98% Since 16 Jan 2006
Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/easyspeedy