[Users] crafting a POST request to the oVirt API manually

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Wed Dec 4 08:34:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 12/04/2013 10:16 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:

> [Users] crafting a POST request to the oVirt API manually.eml
>
> Subject:
> [Users] crafting a POST request to the oVirt API manually
> From:
> i iordanov <iiordanov at gmail.com>
> Date:
> 12/03/2013 11:50 PM
>
> To:
> "users at ovirt.org" <users at ovirt.org>
>

> Hello,
>
> Can somebody give me some pointers on how to craft POST requests to the API "by hand" with (for example) a Firefox plugin like Poster:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/poster/
>
> It would be very helpful for libgovirt development.

this [1] should give you a clue on how to use http methods, and this [2]
what content to be send and what is available in general at api.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/REST-Api#oVirt-API_How-to_.28the_methods.29
[2] on your environment run:
    2.1 GET http[2]://myserver[:port]/api?rsdl (RESTful service description language)
    2.2 GET http[2]://myserver[:port]/api?schema (xsd schema we used to model our api)

hope it helps.

> Thanks!
> iordan
>
> --
> The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D