[Users] Gluster Volume Info won't update

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Fri Dec 6 02:25:15 UTC 2013

Because of a few issues I had with keepalived, I moved my storage network
to it's own VLAN but it seems to have broken part of the ovirt gluster
management.

Same scenario:
2 Hosts

1x Engine, VDSM, Gluster
1x VDSM,Gluster

So to properly split the gluster data and ovirtmgmt I simply assigned them
two host names and two IPS.

172.16.0.1 (ovirtmgmt) hvx.melb.example.net
172.16.1.1 (gluster) gsx.melb.example.net

However the oVirt engine does not seem to like this, it would not pick up
the gluster volume as "running" until I did a restart through the UI.

The issue (possible bug) I'm seeing is the logs are being filled with
http://www.fpaste.org/59440/13862963/

Volume information isn't being pulled as it thinks the
gs01.melb.example.netis not within the cluster, where in fact it is
but registered under
hv01.melb.example.net

Thanks,
Andrew