[Users] Using storage network for gluster

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 10:11:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Juan Pablo Lorier wrote:
> H,
>
> I'm experimenting with gluster and as my DC is a iscsi dc, I've just
> created a new cluster with two hosts and now I'm trying to create a
> volume. I've followed all kind of guides in the web without success.
> Now I'm having ovirt to complaint about a network error in the volume
> creation and I'd like to ask two things:
>
> - Why I must use ovirtmgmt network for gluster (can't choose other from
> the add brick drop down list) instead of the network I have set up for
> iscsi?
> - What may be the problem with network?

this worked for me after default install that, as you already wrote,
doesn't allow to have anything but the ovirtmgmt.
Of course it needs downtime... suboptimal...
see this thread of mine:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-October/016891.html

Using ovirtmgmt I had problems with cluster due to ovirtmgmt saturated
if I had heavy I/O on VMs (so network bandwith from gluster point of
view)... with hosts going into non operational status.
No problem after changing network.

Gianluca