[Users] add NFS storage domain fails on mount timeout via ovirt

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 15:10:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

When trying to add an NFS Export domain via oVirt-engine, it fails on
"Problem while trying to mount target".
when checking the vdsm.log, it seems that the problem is mount time-out.

when I tried to manually run the mount command, in the exact same manner
as vdsm, it indeed failed on Connection timed out after ~3 minutes or so:

[root at localhost vdsm]# /usr/bin/mount -t nfs -o soft,nosharecache,timeo=600,retrans=6,nfsvers=3 1.2.3.4:/home/ecohen/public/export/engine/storage/195/iscsi-dc/export /rhev/data-center/mnt/11.2.3.4:_home_ecohen_public_export_engine_storage_195_iscsi-dc_export
mount.nfs: Connection timed out

but - when trying to run the mount command again, with the exact same mount
source and mount target, but without any additional parameter, it succeeded
(after ~10 seconds):
[root at localhost vdsm]# /usr/bin/mount 10.18.57.137:/home/ecohen/public/export/engine/storage/195/iscsi-dc/export /rhev/data-center/mnt/10.18.57.137:_home_ecohen_public_export_engine_storage_195_iscsi-dc_export

So I assume that I need to either configure my NFS Export folder differently,
or create the storage domain with additional parameters (using the "Advanced
Parameters" section in the GUI dialog or similar).

any pointers on what exactly should be checked / done?

many thanks in advance.

----
Regards,
Einav