[Users] Blank web page after database migration

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 12:28:44 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I did not follow closely the above links. They might miss some files/settings.

You can try using engine-backup.

On the source machine do:
engine-backup --mode=backup --file=backup1 --log=backup1.log

Copy backup1 to the target machine, then:
1. Create a database. 'engine-backup --help' for help with this, as well as
e.g. [1]
2. engine-backup --mode=restore --file=backup1 --log=backup1-restore.log

If the created database has different credentials, you'll need to pass also
--change-db-credentials --db-host=HOST --db-user=USER --db-name=NAME --db-password

3. engine-setup. This will do various cleanups and fixes that engine-backup
does not do.

4. It does not set postgresql and websocket-proxy to start on boot, so you'll need
to do that manually (chkconfig or systemctl) if you want that.

As explained before, this was intended to be done only with identical versions on
source and target machines.

Best regards,

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Engine_Development_Environment#Database
--