[Users] simple networking? [SOLVED] mostly

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Dec 17 14:30:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 06:01:51PM -0500, Antoni Segura Puimedon wrote:
> [...]

management_ip 0.0.0.0 means very little: only that Vdsm has kept its
default of listening on all interfaces. I do not see how it is related.

> If we were to use the current code, that tries to route a packet, it would
> behave differently. However, it would still leave us out of luck as the device
> that would be reported to the engine would be, if this is indeed
> an allinone, the loopback device.

I am confused about this reasoning. The vdsm.log.26.xz shows 10 calls to
getCabilities, all from 192.168.128.79. Two of them (the first included)
reports that odd lastClient = '0.0.0.0'. Both happen to be the first
call after Vdsm has started up.

It smells like a race (or a more consistent fault) in how we set
    self.server.lastClient = self.client_address[0]

I'd apreciate a bug opened on that, for a closer scrutiny.

Dan.