[Users] Host Network QoS feature

Lior Vernia lvernia at redhat.com
Wed Dec 18 13:43:54 UTC 2013

Hey Dave,

On 18/12/13 14:55, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Lior,
>
> On 11/25/2013 08:43 AM, Lior Vernia wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> One of the upcoming network features for oVirt 3.4 is Host Network QoS,
>> i.e. being to configure Quality of Service over networks attached to
>> hosts' interfaces. The primary motivation is to be able to cap traffic
>> related to specific networks, so that other networks residing on the
>> same interface could function. The feature pages are up and I would like
>> to open the discussion over them.
>>
>> Overview:
>> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Host_Network_QoS
>
> The user-level description of the feature looks great to me! I can't
> reallyspeak to the design, but the goal of per-network bandwidth quotas
> is an awesome feature.

Thanks, the congestion of the management network traffic is a common
pain-point related to live migration in oVirt. The feature aims to
provide a solution, and in a way that should allow users with existing
pre-3.4 DCs to cap the traffic of a single network on all their hosts
within one simple operation.