[Users] GlusterFS Distributed Replicate

gregoire.leroy at retenodus.net gregoire.leroy at retenodus.net
Wed Dec 18 18:12:58 UTC 2013

Hello,

As I said in a previous email, I have this configuration with Ovirt 3.3
:
1 Ovirt Engine
2 Hosts Centos 6.5

I successfully setup GlusterFS. I created a distributed replicate volume
with 2 bricks : host1:/gluster and host2:/gluster.

Then, I created a storage storage_gluster POSIXFS with the option
glusterfs and I gave the path "host1:/gluster".

First, I'm rather surprised I have to specify an host for the storage as
I wish to have a distribute replicated storage. I expected to specify
both hosts.

Then I create a VM on this storage. The expected behaviour if I shutdown
host1 should be that my VM keeps running on the second brick. Yet, not
only I lose my VM but host2 is in a non operationnal status because one
of its data storage is not reachable.

Did I miss something in the configuration ? How could I get the wanted
behaviour ?

Thanks a lot,
Regards,
Grégoire Leroy