[Users] Clarification - Thin Disk

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Thu Dec 19 12:54:12 UTC 2013

Hello,

could someone clarify the term "thin disk" in the context of Templates.
Up to now for me a thin disk is space that is allocated on demand.

But if I create VM from a template and use type "Thin" it must be a
little bit different. The newly created VM will operate on the frozen
template data plus some delta file that stores the changed block.
Is that right? Shouldn't that be a "linked-disk"?

Extra question: Why can't I move a (thin provisioned) template disk
and instead have to copy it and delete it afterwards?

Thanks in advance.

Markus