[Users] VM payload

Shahar Havivi shaharh at redhat.com
Tue Dec 31 21:40:51 UTC 2013

Hi René,
I think the flow is wrong...

You have a VM that its initial resources such as network, cdroms etc are
stored in the oVirt engine database.
The engine is sending this data to vdsm to run the VM.
You are using the one of the vdsm hooks to add a cdrom (before the vm start) for that VM but you are not
modifying the current VM xml - instead you are sending the payload data back
to the engine which store this new data in its database,
This is not effect the current running VM but the next cycle as you notice.

Please take a look at the floppy hook:
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=vdsm.git;a=blob;f=vdsm_hooks/floppy/before_vm_start.py;h=7616ac6927935da85833f6a574a4039fb3b04b4d;hb=refs/heads/master
Look how its modifying the domxml set it via:
hooking.write_domxml(domxml)

I think you can use this hook as a template.

Shahar Havivi.