[Users] Connecting with vnc to a VM defined as spice

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:56:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Michal Skrivanek  wrote:
>> In the mean time I powered off and changed the configuration and set
>> to vnc but it seems it didn't work.
>> I get the message regarding ip:port and password in web admin portal,
> That's correct for now. In 3.3 this will work better:)

Fine. As it is now it very uncomfortable...

>> but when I try to connect I don't even get the prompt for password,
>> but an error.
> That's not correct. What error did you get? Did you use the password/ticket displayed in that popup during the period of 120s?

- from vncviewer:
vncviewer 192.168.1.102 ::5902

TigerVNC Viewer for X version 1.1.0 - built Jul 23 2012 20:03:56
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 TigerVNC Team and many others (see README.txt)
See http://www.tigervnc.org for information on TigerVNC.

don;t get the passwotrd but a window with

unable connect to socket: Connection refused (111)

and on the console from where I ran the command the same:
"
Mon Feb  4 23:32:29 2013
 main:        unable connect to socket: Connection refused (111)
"

- From a web browser window where I point to
file:///usr/share/novnc/index.html

and then put ip, port and password and press the "connect" button I get:

Server disconnected (code: 1006)

> And in User Portal - was the type correct? Did it show the same popup as in webadmin?

See the screenshot regarding user portal after clicking on "..."
button aside the "console" one:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvSGJZRzlOaUNObEE/edit?usp=sharing

But I think I found something that could be the reason.

In vdsm.log on host I find this at the moment when probably vnc console started:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<domain type="kvm">
        <name>F18</name>
        <uuid>1d3fd942-1aad-4b09-adf0-94a0c4b23b02</uuid>
        <memory>1572864</memory>
        <currentMemory>1572864</currentMemory>
        <vcpu>1</vcpu>
        <devices>
                <channel type="unix">
                        <target name="com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm" type="virtio"/>
                        <source mode="bind"
path="/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/F18.com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm"/>
                </channel>
                <channel type="unix">
                        <target name="org.qemu.guest_agent.0" type="virtio"/>
                        <source mode="bind"
path="/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/F18.org.qemu.guest_agent.0"/>
                </channel>
                <input bus="usb" type="tablet"/>
                <graphics autoport="yes" keymap="en-us" listen="0"
passwd="*****" passwdValidTo="1970-01-01T00:00:01" port="-1"
type="vnc"/>

Perhaps there is something wrong with
passwdValidTo="1970-01-01T00:00:01"