[Users] MAC in use when importing/cloning a VM

Shahar Havivi shaharh at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 20:57:49 UTC 2013

On 05.02.13 21:43, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When importing VMs into our export domain, they appear in a list
> that allows me to restore them.
> The restore window allows to clone instead of restoring, especially
> in case of a pure import.
>
> Many imports went all right, but some recent one failed due to a MAC
> address already in use somewhere.
> The import window does not seem to give a way to change the network
> setup of the VM, even if it is imported and not started.
Currently we cannot modify VM in export domain.

> I don't know how to modify the interface setup of a vm before
> importing/cloning it?
you can enable importing VM with duplicate MAC address via the engine-config
tool, you need to set the AllowDuplicateMacAddresses entry to true.

or you can do it via the sql:
update vdc_options set option_value = 'true' where option_name = 'AllowDuplicateMacAddresses';

you will need to restart the engine after modifying the database.