[Users] Install problems

Jonathan Archer jon at rosslug.org.uk
Wed Feb 6 14:35:24 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue I'm seeing?

I've followed the instructions on the wiki to try and get an ovirt setup
running. (F17 minimal, updated, add repo, yum install ovirt-engine,
engine-setup)
All that seemed to go OK, and the database creation etc seemed to be
fine, however starting the ovirt-engine service seems to have failed to
start, was getting a http 503 error on trying the web interface.

Looking deeper into it, it seems that jboss-as seems to be failing to
start with some errors around logging.
when I run systemctl start ovirt-engine.service i get the following in
the logs:
Feb  6 14:33:52 host1 engine-service.py[25212]: Started engine process
25213.
Failed to configure handler FILE on Logger '' in context
org.jboss.logmanager.LogContext at afc824e: Handler FILE has no class name
     at org.jboss.as.server.Main.main(Main.java:73)
     at
     at
     at org.jboss.modules.Module.run(Module.java:260)
     at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:291)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The LogManager was not
properly installed (you must set the "java.util.logging.manager" system
property to "org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager")
     at org.jboss.logmanager.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:60)
     at
org.jboss.logmanager.log4j.BridgeRepositorySelector.<clinit>(BridgeRepositorySelector.java:42)
     ... 7 more
Feb  6 14:33:53 host1 systemd[1]: ovirt-engine.service: main process
exited, code=exited, status=1
Feb  6 14:33:53 host1 engine-service.py[25230]: The engine PID file
"/var/run/ovirt-engine.pid" contains 25213, but that process doesn't exist.
Feb  6 14:33:53 host1 systemd[1]: ovirt-engine.service: control process
exited, code=exited status=1
Feb  6 14:33:53 host1 systemd[1]: Unit ovirt-engine.service entered
failed state.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jon