[Users] virt-v2v fail - GuestfsHandle.pm error + Redhat.pm error

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Thu Feb 7 15:48:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

After having successfully migrated Debian, XP, 2003, 2008 VMs, I'm stuck
with a migration I was expecting to be easy : RHAS3.

Here is the error log I get :

> # virt-v2v -i libvirt -ic qemu+ssh://xxxx@xxxx/system -o rhev -os xxxx:/data/vmexport -of qcow2 -oa sparse -n ovirtmgmt serv-rhas3-vm1
> serv-rhas3-vm1_copy.raw: 100% [=====================================================================================================]D 0h10m14s
> virt-v2v: Pas de capability dans la configuration correspondant à os='linux' name='virtio' distro='rhel' major='3' minor='0'
> virt-v2v: Pas de capability dans la configuration correspondant à os='linux' name='cirrus' distro='rhel' major='3' minor='0'
> virt-v2v: WARNING: Le pilote d'affichage a été modifié en cirrus, mais il est impossible d'installer le pilote cirrus. X pourrait ne pas fonctionner correctement
> virt-v2v: WARNING: /boot/grub/device.map fait référence à un périphérique /dev/fd0 inconnu. Cette entrée doit être corrigée manuellement après la conversion.
> virt-v2v: WARNING: /boot/grub/device.map fait référence à un périphérique /dev/sda inconnu. Cette entrée doit être corrigée manuellement après la conversion.
> sh: sh:  at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Sys/VirtConvert/GuestfsHandle.pm line 200.
>  at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Sys/VirtConvert/Converter/RedHat.pm line 2321

I don't mind the warnings and I also had such errors I was able to
correct manually.

But here, the last two lines are lethal.

It seems oVirt tries to guess which OS is imported, and tries to do
specific actions, and do them bad.
Either there's a way o prevent oVirt from guessing, either there's a way
to correct the actions oVirt is failing to do...

Googling was not that helpful about this issue.

Regards.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot