[Users] oVirt and firewalld

Jonathan Daugherty jtd at galois.com
Wed Feb 13 18:59:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've just set up a new oVirt installation with two nodes.  Both of the
nodes have had 'firewalld' disabled.  When I went to test VM
migration, it failed, apparently due to this (from the vdsm log on the
source node):

  error : virNetClientProgramDispatchError:174 : Error while building
  firewall: Some rules could not be created for interface vnet0:
  Failure to execute command '$EBT -t nat -N libvirt-J-vnet0' :
  'DBusException org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
  org.fedoraproject.FirewallD1 was not provided by any .service
  filesCouldn't connect to FirewallD, it's probably not running.'.

Is running firewalld a requirement for oVirt?  Is it possible to avoid
having oVirt attempt to manage my firewall rules?

Thanks!

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  Software Engineer