[Users] ovirt-shell: Disabling autopage

Adam Litke agl at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 14 19:44:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 09:27:11PM +0200, Michael Pasternak wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> On 02/14/2013 07:04 PM, Adam Litke wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently the ovirt-shell displays command results using a pager.  It does this
> > even when running non-interactively (ie. input via pipe) which is broken.
>
> Not sure what do you mean by 'broken', - i didn't hear any complaints on pipe yet,
> can you elaborate?

If I try a command in the shell such as:

for i in `seq 1 10`; do
  echo "show vm myvm-$i" | ovirt-shell -c
done

the pager is invoked for each iteration and I must press 'q' for each iteration
of the loop to continue.

> btw is it possible that your ovirt-shell is outdated?, take the latest from pypi.

It's possible.  I am using the Fedora package
(ovirt-engine-cli-3.2.0.5-1.fc17.noarch).

> > As a workaround, I discovered the option 'cli:autopage = False' should be placed in
> > my .ovirtshellrc file.  This works great the first time, but then it seems
> > ovirt-shell is overwriting this file and dumping my new setting.  What am I
> > doing wrong here?
>
> cli:autopage is deprecated, therefore ovirt-shell overriding old configuration
> file with new format, you can disable pagination by 'no_paging = True' in .ovirtshellrc

Ok, thanks.  Is there any documentation on the allowed options in the
.ovirtshellrc file?

--
Adam Litke <agl at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center