[Users] compatibility issue

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 12:54:53 UTC 2013

On 02/18/2013 08:27 PM, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> Just got 3.2 installed as ovirt node on a fedora 18 install.  After the
> reboot, the console now complains with this:
>

> 2013-Feb-18, 12:20 Host rnd8 is compatible with versions (3.0,3.1) and
> cannot join Cluster Default which is set to version 3.2.

Probably the vdsm version on the node doesn't support 3.2 clusters and
needed to be updated. You can see the supported cluster versions by
running the following on the node:

vdsClient -s 0 getVdsCaps | grep clusterLevels

> 2013-Feb-18, 12:20 Bridged network ovirtmgmt is attached to multiple
> interfaces: <UNKNOWN> on Host rnd8.

This warning is as a result of the ovirtmgmt network configured on top
of two interfaces. (The <UNKNOWN> bug was replaced with the actual nics
name yesterday on commit bd56be79a4e1c5a873a65bf41adbcffef05cbde2).

ovirt doesn't support this type of network configuration. You should
remove one of the nics manually from the bridge, by running on the host:

#to examine which interfaces are used for the management network
brctl show ovirtmgmt

# in order to remove on of the nics
brctl delif ovirtmgmt one_of_the_nics