[Users] Default compatibility version in ovirt nightly

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 00:06:47 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:

> Ok, how to test?
> Patch the insert_data.sql and try to create a new cluster / datacenter and
> see its version?
> And / or patch and run engine-cleanup to destroy all, engine-setup again?
> I have both an uninitialized environment and a one with some vm..
> Let me know

Applied the patch to a scratch installed F18 RC1 on physical server. Donna
how to download files from git web.
So this is the diff for the only modified file:
$ diff all_in_one_100.py all_in_one_100.py.orig
26c26
< MINOR = '2'
---
> MINOR = '1'

Then run engine-setup.
All goes well
Connecting to web admin I see 3.2 for both Default and local_datacenter
datacenters and for both Default and local_cluster clusters.
See:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoPbcrMv8mvME9uOS1WVjdsWUk

But in the image you can also see that I'm not able to activate the created
data storage domain.
I also tried to reboot but it remains inactive. Trying to activate I get:
Failed to activate Storage Domain local_storage (Data Center
local_datacenter) by admin at internal

I attach all the logs under /var/log/ovirt-engine in tar.gz here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoPbcrMv8mvUHM5QS14XzRYQVk

Under /var/log/vdsm here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoPbcrMv8mvWVZqemhPZ3ctRUk

I used ovirt nightly repo as of
ovirt-engine-3.2.0-1.20130104.git2ad721c.fc18.noarch

Gianluca