[Users] OS-independent ovirt-engine distribution archive

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 09:03:58 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

So I guess you can download rpms from the internet and not maven artifacts...

What is the difference between the two?

Building using maven will prepare a full distribution exactly as you need, you just need to build it in a computer that is connected to the internet and then wrap up the resources and transfer it into the internal network.

Execute:
$ make
$ make install DESTDIR=/tmp/ovirt-engine-root

Regardless, porting the application to different distribution requires more work as the startup service and setup environment are somewhat redhat/fedora specific.

Of course help will be appreciate, we are planning to solve the setup issue by rewriting it to match otopi infrastructure it will be one step closer to be able to customize it to different distributions.

Alon