[Users] API usage - 3.1

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 08:54:38 UTC 2013

Hi Tom,

On 01/15/2013 05:43 PM, Tom Brown wrote:

>> thankyou - i am however finding it hard to attach an iso image to a VM - I have the console etc sorted however what would be required to do the same with an iso image?
>>
>> The below is working apart from the iso
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> vm_template = """<vm>
>> <name>%s</name>
>> <cluster>
>>   <name>Default</name>
>> </cluster>
>> <template>
>>   <name>Blank</name>
>> </template>
>> <type>server</type>
>> <memory>536870912</memory>
>> <display>
>>   <type>vnc</type>
>> </display>
>> <os>
>>   <boot dev="hd"/>
>>   <boot dev="cdrom"/>
>> </os>
>> <cdrom>
>>   <cdrom id="cobbler-base.iso"/>
>> </cdrom>
>> </vm>"""
>>

> i have also tried
>
> <cdrom >
> <file id="rhel-server-6.0-x86_64-dvd.iso"/>
>
> </cdrom >
>
> as per the docs but no joy

cdroms is a sub-collection of vm, you have to:

1. create vm
2. insert cd in to cdrom (this is done via updating cdrom)
3. run vm specifying CD as first boot device

i'd also suggest you looking in to the sdk (python/java),
you may find it easier than working with api directly over http.

--

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D