[Users] error at Creating the database

Arindam Choudhury arindamchoudhury0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:43:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am a newbie. I am trying to build oVirt-engine from source following this
tutorial http://www.ovirt.org/Building_oVirt_engine

When I am trying to create the database, I am getting the following error:

$ ./create_db_devel.sh -u postgres
Running original create_db script...
Creating the database: engine
dropdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  Ident
authentication failed for user "postgres"
createdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  Ident
authentication failed for user "postgres"
Failed to create database engine
Failed to create database engine

I am on rawhide and I have already altered

# tail -3 /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf
local    all        all                                  trust
host    all        all        127.0.0.1/32        trust
host    all        all        ::1/128                trust

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Arindam