[Users] custom nfs mount options

Alex Leonhardt alex.tuxx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:54:02 UTC 2013

I've got now :

nfs_mount_options = soft,nosharecache,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,noatime

However, when I check the mounts on the host, it does not show these
addtitional options used ? (only soft,nosharecache), here the mount output:

HV02:/vmfs/data.old2 on /rhev/data-center/mnt/HV02:_vmfs_data.old2 type nfs
(rw,soft,nosharecache,timeo=600,retrans=6,nfsvers=3,addr=x.x.x8)
HV02:/vmfs/data on /rhev/data-center/mnt/HV02:_vmfs_data type nfs
(rw,soft,nosharecache,timeo=600,retrans=6,vers=3,addr=x.x.x8)
HV03:/vmfs/data on /rhev/data-center/mnt/HV03:_vmfs_data type nfs
(rw,soft,nosharecache,timeo=600,retrans=6,nfsvers=3,addr=127.0.0.1)

Above is after I restarted HV03 so it really should have mounted
HV03:/vmfs/data with the new options

another question would be if "nolock" would be a good idea as it seems that
nfs ops are sometimes being blocked by a lock ? at least, it behaves as if
.. i havent further investigated yet.

Alex