[Users] How to import KVM machines into oVirt iSCSI

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Wed Jan 30 11:00:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

The following command migrates a KVM vm named "test-rhel6" to your
export domain "ovirt-engine:/data/nfs/export" with qcow2, thin
provisioned disk and ovirtmgmt-network from KVM host "kvm-host":

# virt-v2v -i libvirt -ic qemu+ssh://root@kvm-host/system -o rhev -os
ovirt-engine:/data/nfs/export -of qcow2 -oa sparse -n ovirtmgmt
test-rhel6

See "virt-v2v --help" for details...

You can also create a profile in /etc/virt-v2v.conf to avoid command
line arguments for virt-v2v...

For migration you need an export domain which must be NFS (not iSCSI).

So the migration steps are:
1. create export domain
2. activate export domain on datacenter
3. install virt-v2v on ovirt engine host
4. migrate host to export domain
5. import vm from export domain

--
Best Regards