[Users] too much debugging in ovirt-node

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Mon Jul 1 06:12:44 UTC 2013

On 06/28/2013 12:49 PM, Matt . wrote:
> I have also libvirt logs with about 10GB of space, annoying, needs to be
> fixed.

Please don't top-post on technical lists.

However, same reply applies to you.  Check your log_level and
log_filters settings.  I just installed fresh server and looking at the
libvirtd.conf, VDSM properly configured it to have also:

log_filters="1:libvirt 3:event 3:json 1:util 1:qemu"

where "3:event 3:json" gets rid of a lot unnecessary messages (but
beware, it depends on the order in which those directives are
specified).  You can also have a look at what we discussed about in Bug
920614 [1], where you might find interesting settings for that as well.
 There is also link to the Gerrit tracker, where the issue is tracked
[2] as well.

Logs should also be rotated.  In case there is no logrotate daemon or no
rules for it, that may be another point of failure.

Martin

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/920614
[2] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/13642/

> 2013/6/28 Martin Kletzander <mkletzan at redhat.com>
>
>> On 06/26/2013 07:47 PM, Winfried de Heiden wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Using ovirt-node-iso-2.6.1-20120228.fc18.iso (2012 seems to be a typo,
>>> must be 2013?) is logging with too much debugging.
>>>
>>> Changing all the"DEBUG" to "WARNOMG" in /etc/vdsm/logger.conf and
>>> "persist /etc/vdsm/logger.conf" solved it for /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log.
>>>
>>> However, /var/log/libvirtd.log also shows tons of debug messages. The
>>> file /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf shows:
>>>
>>> listen_addr="0.0.0.0"
>>> unix_sock_group="kvm"
>>> unix_sock_rw_perms="0770"
>>> auth_unix_rw="sasl"
>>> host_uuid="06304eff-1c91-4e1e-86e2-d773621dcab3"
>>> log_outputs="1:file:/var/log/libvirtd.log"
>>> ca_file="/etc/pki/vdsm/certs/cacert.pem"
>>> cert_file="/etc/pki/vdsm/certs/vdsmcert.pem"