[Users] upgrade path (was ids sanlock error)

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 12:43:24 UTC 2013

On 06/28/2013 09:12 PM, Matthew Curry wrote:
> Hi, all...
>
>      I have a bit a related question.... and I am trying to decide the
> best path.  Currently we have 3.1 in production and an entirely new
> Setup in our internal DC that is waiting to be built out.
>
> Should I start with 3.2 to begin with?  Or 3.1 then migrate to 3.2 to
> gain the experience?  I might add we are running CentOS 6.3. Which has a
> few difference.  On top of all that; there is the 3.3rc's to be
> considered. But we are in a fully functional, and heavily used
> production environment.  All help is appreciate.  I am also happy to
> share any of the things I have learned in this lengthy endeavor.
>
> Feel free to ask; or email me direct.
> MattCurry at linux.com
>
> Thanks to all,
> Matt

(a new topic would have made this more visible i guess)

i always recommend larger deployments to maintain another environment
where they stage the next version, test the upgrade to it in their
environment, etc.

if you want to do a rolling upgrade between two environments, it
requires exporting/importing your vm's between them. while safer, it is
an annoyance. but it is of course much safer.

Thanks,
    Itamar