[Users] ovirt LACP/port aggregation fails to initialize on node boot

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Thu Jul 18 14:42:03 UTC 2013

I'm experimenting with LACP/port aggregation on my public network
interface in my oVirt test setup. My goal is to bind two 1G ports
together.  Our network operations team configured two 1G switch ports
appropriately, and I set up the bond between eth0 and eth1 on the node
using the engine.  I can't configure the IP of the interface statically
because then I don't get the option to set a gateway, which I need for
our public network.  Using DHCP worked before enabling LACP (which
acquires the gateway from the DHCP record).  After enabling LACP, when
the node boots, it doesn't get an address. The node gets hostname
"localhost".  I have to login to the admin, hit F2, "ifdown PublicNet"
"ifup PublicNet", but then it works!  There's obviously some minor delay
issue during node initialization, but there should be some way to tell
it to wait a bit longer?

Jason.

--
Jason Keltz