[Users] Problem Creating "oVirt Engine" - Stuck on FQDN

Richie@HIP richiepiovanetti at healthcareinfopartners.com
Tue Jul 23 14:15:09 UTC 2013

Finally got oVirtEngine to install, albeit, "not resetting the HTTPd from its original port to the usual port 80 and/or 443"" (or so I think is the way the "engine-setup" installation process resets the HTTPd) since every time I did agrees to use the "engine-setup" defaults regarding the HTTPd I got an error during the installation.

Could it be that I have to "kill" the HTTPd process before running the "engine-setup"…?

Anyway, after bypassing any modification by "engine-setup" of the HTTPd parameters, the process was smooth and ended up with the following:

 **** Installation completed successfully ******

     (Please allow oVirt Engine a few moments to start up.....)

**** To access oVirt Engine browse to http://ovirt.ct-radiology.local:8700 ****

Additional information:
 * There are less than 4096 MBs of available free memory on this machine.
It is  recommended to have at least 4096 MBs of available memory to run the oVirt Engine.
 * oVirt Engine CA SSL Certificate SHA1 fingerprint: 8B:89:5B:07:B6:20:91:4F:2C:48:DF:45:E0:AB:19:F0:C6:2D:4E:0E
 * SSH Public key fingerprint: 27:0b:5f:b3:8d:65:5b:df:b1:4c:f0:22:3e:d7:aa:e5
 * A default ISO share has been created on this host.
   If IP based access restrictions are required, please edit /var/lib/exports/iso entry in /etc/exports
 * oVirt Engine requires the following TCP/IP Incoming ports to be opened on the firewall:
22, 8700, 8701
 * an example of the required configuration for iptables can be found at: /etc/ovirt-engine/iptables.example
 * In order to configure firewalld, please execute the following command: firewall-cmd --add-service ovirt
 * The installation log file is available at: /var/log/ovirt-engine/engine-setup_2013_07_19_18_04_56.log
 * Please use the user "admin" and password specified in order to login into oVirt Engine
 * To configure additional users, first configure authentication domains using the 'engine-manage-domains' utility

Voilá….

Then came the real test, in the same virtual machine I'm creating to host oVirt Engine, I opened Firefox and copied the URL given by the "Successful Installation message above; that is "http://ovirt.ct-radiology.local:8700"

Here I was ecstatic when FireFox showed the initial oVirt screen as shown below;

NOW the NEW PROBLEM I'm inquiring hereafter.  After pressing the "User Portal", "Administrator Portal" and "Reports Portal" link, I get the following, respectively;

Hmmm.  Why show me the initial page (which uses por 8700) and not the following (which appear to use por 8701)…?  Could I need to change something in the firewall…?

Is the Apache and/or JBoss services running…?

Any suggestions…?

Thanks in advanced;

RIchie

José E ("Richie") Piovanetti, MD, MS